- Once you have your 3 by 3 inch piece of mat board, coat it with some mod podge, oh, you'll need a foam brush too. Let it dry.
- Once it's dry you can start adding stuff too it. Go outside and get some leaves, cut up some old clothes you don't wear anymore, grab a handful of sand, cut out some cool shapes from some card stock, you can draw a design with some Elmer's glue, or you could scratch into it with an x-acto knife. Glue the stuff to the mat board with the mod podge.
- Once that coat is dry you are going to need to do another one (I know this sounds like a lot of gluing, but that is the nature of the beast).
- Coat it again-this time make sure to do the back and the sides.
- Once that's dry write your name that I know you by on the back side with magic marker (it doesn't matter if it bleeds through on to the other side).
- Post it to me so that I can print it with the "A Part Of A Whole" project.
The only thing that you need to remember is that your image will print in reverse-so if you write anything make sure to write it backwards.
***Also note: If you can not obtain a piece of mat board (which is fine) you can use a flat piece of cardboard (like a cereal box, hamburger helper box, etc) which you can then cut to 3 by 3 inches using a ruler and scissors/x-acto knife.